Membership eligibility for the American Legion is based on at least one day of honorable active military service with the U.S. Armed Forces during one of the time periods specified below:
|WWI||April 6, 1917 - November 11, 1918|
|WWII||December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946 **|
|Korean War||June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955|
|Vietnam War||February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975|
|Lebanon/Grenada||August 24, 1982 - July 31, 1984|
|Panama||December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990|
|Gulf War/War on Terrorism||August 2, 1990 - Present *|
|Other Conflicts||January 1, 1947 - Present *|
*Because current eligibility dates remain open, all current members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion until the end of hostilities [as determined by the United States government].
** U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
Eligible veterans applying for first-time membership must submit the following:
1. A completed and signed American Legion Membership application. You can pick up one at the Post, from a member of the post, or access an application online at the link below.
Click here to access PDF File of APPLICATION FORM
2. Payment of first year's dues of $35.00. Please make checks payable to "American Legion Post 29." Mail (check) or deliver (check or cash) to our Post at address shown above. [Please DO NOT MAIL CASH!] You may also pay at the Post with a credit card.
3. Once your membership application is approved, a membership card will be mailed to you.
TRANSFER OF CURRENT LEGION MEMBERS
American Legion Members applying for transfers from a current Post to our Post must submit the following:
1. A completed Member Data Form [available at the Post].
2. A copy of your current Membership Card.
3. Payment of $35.00, unless your Membership Card is for the current Legion Membership Year.
4. Once your membership transfer is approved, a new membership card will be mailed to you.
MEMBERSHIP CHAIRMAN: JACK SMITH